For dinner the Wife and I ate in the car on the way to the Sheraton Hotel. I had a quarter-pounder. She had a big & tasty. Junk food is my weakness. At the Sheraton, we helped Debbie put a few hundred auction items in order for this weekend's fund-raiser. Afterwards we went shopping downtown.
We ended up at Banana Republic where I picked up 2 shirts. The Wife found a couple tank tops and a little purse. I spent some time observing the way that people tried on shoes. It's funny how some ladies really don't care what size they really wear as long as the shoes are on sale and look cute. I overheard one lady ask the sales lady to bring out the last 2 pairs of a certain style of shoe, size 6.5 and size 9. I'm guessing her real foot size was somewhere inbetween.
Another behavior I found intriguing was what I call the 'pretend-to-forget' move. I saw a handful of ladies doing this. One girl's animated nature stood out in particular. She'd put on the shoes and stand in front of a mirror. Taking her time, she looked at her feet from different angles. She'd turn away and pause for a second. Then she'd whirl around and look genuinely suprised at her reflection, as if she was the guy from Momento who would have to carry polaroids of her outfit around with her. I guess she was trying to get a 'first-reaction' on the shoes. Sometimes she'd want a second opinion, so she'd do it again.
odd creatures.
Thursday, June 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is pretty funny. i've never done that myself, but i'll be sure to look out for it next time.
Post a Comment