Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I am the center of the universe.

I was sitting, pondering my Big Mac when I realized that I am the center of the universe.

Prize steer were bred and raised in Nebraska under the watchful eyes of farmers. Their sickness medicated, their wounds healed, so that they could be processed and turned into a pair of beef patties. Frozen, they were shipped halfway across this country and cooked.

Lettuce was grown, harvested and hopefully washed in south america before being put in a bag and shipped to my McDonalds. The cardboard box was made in china and put on a boat, ensuring that it would reach the states in time to hold my burger. Thousand Island sauce, chopped onions... they were all created to feed me in my one moment of shining glory.

People working from across the globe came together in order to put one big mac sandwich on my plastic tray. It's astounding.

No comments: