i suck at it.
Ok updates. I had a lovely retirement party a few saturdays ago. People brought beer but people didn't drink beer. I have lots of beer. I have lots of dessert as well. Lots of dessert. Still. if you want ice cream or beer come over.
-OHIO-CHICAGO-
This was our last trip to Columbus to pick up my brother-in-law's stuff. The first day was crazy. We took a red eye to Detroit. If you ever visit the Detroit airport, a warning. They have a tunnel that goes under the runway to get to different terminals. The tunnel is a bout 200 yards long and 20 yards wide. There are moving sidewalks on either side and the walls are covered in panels of frosted glass. As you ride through, they're playing enya/yanni music and the lights behind the glass flash and change color. I was totally expecting to see oompa loompas paddling a large boat down the center of this tunnel.
Then on the way out of Detroit we took a commuter turbo-prop. While the ride was pleasant enough, my biggest thrill was getting off the plane and walking down the stairs to the tarmac. I couldn't help it. I waved like a celebrity when I was about to go down the stairs even though no one was there.
Our main mission in Columbus was to get three cars to a towing-lot in the south part of town. The drama was with the last car. It's a large sedan that had been lowered. The battery was also dead. We had to coordinate a towtruck and a police officer to meet us at the impound station so we could get the car. This wasn't some nice cement lot off of highway 99, this lot was a weed-infested gravel lot next to a construction site and railroad tracks with no other people nearby. It was also right at dusk when the tow truck arrived. So by the light of the police cruiser's headlights we attempted to tow the car. First problem, the car was so lowered that it couldn't be towed. Second problem, the battery was in the trunk. Third problem, we couldn't open the trunk using the trunk release or the electronic key because the battery was completely dead. Fourth problem, the key release on the trunk was jammed. But praise God, we were able to wiggle the key in and get the trunk open and get the car moving.
Everytime we hit a bump or i braked hard enough for the weight to shift to the front tires, I could here the tires rubbing against the wheel well. I think the car is a little too low.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment