Thursday, April 05, 2007

Flavio

We went to the opera last night to celebrate three years of The Wife putting up with me. We saw Flavio, an opera by Handel that was sort of a comedy. I was actually pleasantly surprised and entertained. Flavio, the Italian king, completely stole the show. Even in row "S" you could see his facial expressions, and he sort of looked like Andy Dick, but with less crack involved.

My impression of opera from Flavio is that each song comprises of 2 short verses and a bunch of one-syllable filler nonsense. For instance, if I were to write an opera about going to work, it would go like this.

The alarm clock goes of, I wake up.
I am tired and have to tie my tie twice.

two-times-two-times-twice-two-two-two-o-o-oo
ween-o-ween-o-ween-o-ween-o-ween-o-ween-o
toe-moe-roe-ichi-ni-san.
hip-hip-hooray-ho-ay-ho-ay-oh
(etc for 5 more minutes)

but I make it to the subway.
I want to catch the A-train downtown.

a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-train
a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-train
(etc. etc.)
(pause music so i can show off my vocal range)
a-a-a-a-a-a-a-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A!
(cue music)
TRAIIIIIIIIN!


In other news, I really need to upload pictures.

1 comment:

G said...

Mmmm... yes....

More pictures!