Saturday, April 21, 2007

Taste of Chinatown


Today was beautiful. It was partly overcast and in the 70s. Everyone was out in dresses and shorts. We went to the Taste of Chinatown this afternoon and it was packed. Seriously wall-to-wall people. About 30 of the restaurants in Chinatown had booths offering $1 or $2 samples. We tried fried chicken wings, beef satay, fried rice, different lychee drinks, dim sum and even picked up some clothes while we were there.









Afterwards we headed to this little bistro in West Village and had sweet potato fries, lentil soup and an asian beef salad. I'm not sure if the beef was asian or not, but it tasted delicious and was a welcome change from the fried greasy goodness of chinatown.


Since it was so nice out, we took a walk around our neighborhood and found the famous skinny house. This house is only 8'6" wide.











My current pet-peeve are people who ride motorcycles... not the crotch-rockets that sound like angry hornets, but the rumbling harleys that make your walls shake from three blocks away.
Dear Mr Overcompensating,
There is no reason to rev your engine at 3 in the morning. I hope you hit a pot-hole. Alternatively, maybe a case of e.coli or I hope you ride through a swam of angry bees... with herpes.
Sincerely, me.

2 comments:

steph said...

uh...i thought you had e. coli? isn't eating at chinatown sample booths a little risky?

Ryan said...

I'm still on anti-biotics so I have the power of Iron-Stomach, just like the guy in Shaolin Soccer, but without the constipation-face.