so the baby is still in the womb... but she's kicking like a baby, not poking like an alien.
I can't believe it's only 2 weeks or so away. I installed the baby's carseat over the weekend and driving around with it has made this whole fatherhood thing very, very real. I think one thing I've always heard is how fatherhood changes a person's faith, and how understanding a father's sacriface can't really be understood until you have a child of your own.
I think I'm starting to understand now. I was reading about a newstory about a family that lost all three children to a car accident and was really hit hard. I don't even have a daughter yet, but she already is so important to us and we have hopes and dreams and plans for her. We talk about when she can date, and how she'll learn to do her make up. We talk about discipling her and when she can watch tv. We've got her hobbies picked out already and are close to deciding her favorite color... and she hasn't even seen any colors yet!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you guys will be great parents! i can't wait to meet her! hey, since you have her life planned out already...do you also know her name?
yes. but that's being kept under wraps until she starts breathing on her own.
Post a Comment