I went to my first official bar prep class today from 8 am to 1 pm. I was given a 11" x 14" calendar that listed my homework for the next 36 days.
The Washington bar exam is a 2 1/2 day exam that tests to make sure that new members of the Washington Bar have at least a minimum competency. There are 18 substantive questions covering 21 topics and 6 questions on professional responsibility. Each question is worth 10 points and exam takers must average a 7 or higher.
According to the bar exam prep I signed up for, I am expected to spend 10-12 hours each day for the next 5 weeks preparing for this test. Because the UW is on a quarter system, we end a month later than other schools and consequently have less time to prepare for the bar.
Today I attended a lecture about taking the bar exam followed by the first of a three day property lecture. At 1pm I ran some errands and finished installing a door to the upstairs study that will hopefully block out some of the noise downstairs. From 4pm to 6:30pm I read about administrative law and agency law. From 6:30 to 8:30 I finished up a project for the Asian Bar Association of Washington. I ate a little and have spent the last hour working on outlining a property question.
Day 1. Only about 8.5 hours spent studying.
Health: Good
Rations: Filling
Mood: Intimidated
Working on: Property
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment