Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Slow cooked to (im)perfection



Lunch: last night we cooked a bacon/mushroom/wine/chicken dish in our rival crock pot. I've never cooked in a crock pot before so I followed a recipe from Real Simple. The chicken is a bit too salty and is so well cooked it just falls off the bone. I'm not sure I like the texture, but now I want to see if I can cook kalua pork in the crock pot. We also had some indian-style yellow rice. Good Stuff

Dinner: TBA

*UPDATE*
Dinner was at Dave and Quan's. After a snack of honey dijon kettle chips on the commute over, we had a dinner with salad, garlic bread and a seafood-tomato bisque. The salad had a wasabi dressing that felt suprisingly good on our stuffed up sinuses. The seafood-tomato bisque had salmon, clams, squid, onions and celery. Since today was cold and rainy it was nice to have a hot soup, especially since dave and I had to spend some time in the rain with his car at the park-and-ride. It had to be towed away.

2 comments:

david said...

what happened to the taurus?

Ryan said...

The starter went kaput.