Thursday, June 17, 2004

Gah Lei Gai

:: Stomache Roll Call ::


I made curry chicken last night (gah lei gai is the cantonese pronunciation, it's also my aim name). Last night after volleyball I came home and the Wife was working on the computer. So I took it upon myself to cook us lunch for the today. Our fridge had some old carrots, half an onion, leftover yogurt and heavy cream from some smoothies, a few potatoes and some chicken thighs. Have you ever just thrown stuff in a pot and called it curry? It was like I was in college all over again

The Wife also made some mango pudding last night. It was delicious. We've been on a mango binge: mango Pudding, mango white rabbits, dried mango, mango lassie. Suprisingly, Mango Lassie isn't a cross between Chris Kattan and an intellegent border collie that saves little Timmy from the well. Mango Lassie is a smoothie type drink.

Ingredients: 1.0 cup cubes Ice
1.0 cup chilled Pineapple
2.0 cups plain Yogurt
1.0 chilled Mango

Directions: 1 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom peel & chop mango chop pineapple Place mango, pineapple, 1 tsp cardamom, yogurt and ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth Dust each serving with remaining cardamom Yield: 3, 12 oz. glasses

Serving directions. Drink from the belly button of a super model. just kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan! I finally discovered your Blog :-)

Have you tried the Mango Pudding-in-a-cup that you can get at Ranch 99? It's really good and pretty cheap too.

Anonymous said...

Woops! That last comment was posted by Wayman - forgot to identify myself :-)