This month is the holy month of Ramadan and part of that entails a month long fast. This basically means no eating (for muslims) between 4am and 6pm. A lot of stores are closed during this time and I'm told that the amount people actually consume is greater in this month than in the non-fasting months because people stuff themselves silly every evening.
I also get a nice wake up call at 3:30am from the mosque down the street every morning.
Last night the in-laws took us out for dinner at a western-style restaurant and I had a steak. I had a sirloin. It was pretty good, about 8 oz. It cost 34,000 rp. To put that in perspective, $1 about 10,000 rp. $3.40 baby... The gas over here is about 70 cents a gallon (govt subsidized). Parking is 10 cents. Pinapples are 30 cents each. McDonalds is about $4 a meal and their most popular value meal is the fried chicken and rice special.
Friday, October 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment