For whatever reason, I've signed up to take the LSATs. It's one of the major steps toward entering Law School. Since graduation I've lived a pretty stable lifestyle. I've kept the same job. I've bought a little real estate. I married the Wife. That all might change after this weekend.
On Friday we're driving down to Oregon so I can take the test. All the spaces in Washington were taken by the time I decided to take the test. Originally I planned to just apply to the University of Washington and if I didn't get in I'd continue in my current 9 to 5. As I researched I decided that I'd also apply to some of the top schools in California as well.
Here's my dilemma. I really want to do well in this test, but at the same time I'm tempted to just go in and make random patterns in the bubble sheet. If I do well on this test it raises so many more questions. What school should I go to? Does the name of the school on my diploma offset the more expensive tuition? What do we do about the house? Where would we live? loans? kids? where do I put my Transformers?
Doing poorly on this test would make all these tough questions a moot point. Hmmm.. a life lived in fear is a life half-lived and all that jazz, right?
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck on the LSAT.
I don't think it matters too much which school you go to if you do well. Go for it and at least keep doors open. Nothing says that just because you can go to a particular school that you must do so. Make sure you have lots of choices and then choose when the time comes.
if you become a lawyer, can i enlist your services at a discount? there are some non-profits i'd like to start. :)
Go for it, bro! Crazy is good.
If anything, it's nice to take some chances now... ya dun want to end up as another one of those crotchety "what if..." geezers.
And yeah, ditto for me on the discount services if you become a lawyer. Hook it up! =)
Post a Comment