Our country has long held dear the mythos of the American dream. People who rise from rags to riches by hard work and luck. The American dream.
I believe that Arnold his perhaps the most famous person living the American dream. A body builder who barely spoke English moves to the United States and not only becomes an a-list actor who commands millions per movie, but becomes American royalty by marrying a Kennedy. Oh yeah... now he's Governor of California.
However, I wanted to point out another person who is living the American dream. Wilmer Valderrama. Wilmer (AKA Fes) was born in Miami but grew up in Venezuela. When he moved back to the states in 1994 he learned English by watching Sesame Street. His acting career hasn't taken off as fast as Arnold or some of his castmates. So far his only notable movie has been 'Summer Catch', but to truly understand the magnitude of Wilmer's body of work we need to examine People magazine rather than IMDB.com. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Alba, Mandy Moore and Lindsey Lohan; American dream indeed.
Monday, November 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Talk to the hand!
haha...i was waiting for the shoe to drop. oh fez. that's funny.
huh? why should I talk to the hand? what shoe? I'm old and I don't understand kids these days.
Post a Comment